Recipe: Summer Chopped Chicken Salad with Cantaloupe, Pistachios, and Feta
This summer, we’ve partnered with Cook Smarts to inspire you in the kitchen as part of our ‘Stronger, Healthier You Series’. This week, we’ve got a delicious summer chopped salad for you. To add a protein, you’re going to want to go back to our Honey Lime Chicken recipe to finish this salad off with a delightful bang. This summery salad is refreshing on a hot day. No cooking required! Fresh cantaloupe might sound like an unusual ingredient to add to a salad, but it provides a cool, slightly sweet note to balance out the other ingredients.
- Honey Lime Grilled Chicken Thighs – 4, chopped
- Prosciutto (opt) – 2 oz, chopped
- Cucumbers – 10 oz, chopped
- Cheese, feta – 5 oz, cubed
- Green onions – 2 stalks, chopped, green and white parts combined
- Cantaloupe – 10 oz, cubed
- Salad greens, any type – 8 oz
- Pistachios, shelled – 1/4 cup
- Garlic – 1 clove, chopped
- Vinegar, red or white wine – 2 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon – 1 Tbsp (use large grain if you have it on hand)
- Honey – 1 Tbsp
- Oil, olive – 5 Tbsp
- Make vinaigrette – Chop garlic. Whisk together garlic, vinegar, mustard, and honey. Add oil while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Chicken / Prosciutto – Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Cucumbers / Feta / Green onions – Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Cantaloupe – Cube cantaloupe.
- If you’d like the chicken warm, reheat in the microwave.
- Assemble salads by forming a bed of salad greens. Top lettuce with prosciutto, chicken, cucumbers, feta, white and green parts of green onions, cantaloupe, and pistachios. Add vinaigrette until dressed to your liking. Enjoy!
Cook Smarts creates weekly meal plans, cooking guides and infographics, and online cooking lessons, all designed to help anyone build a strong cooking foundation. When you purchase PB Resolution, a three-month subscription to Cook Smarts comes with your program purchase, helping you to build strength and flexibility, but also dial in your nutrition for optimal health.
PB Resolution is a fitness program that combines yoga and strength training into a seamless, easy-to-follow 12-week schedule. PB Resolution is designed to provide you with the tools you need to keep your body safe, challenge you no matter where you’re at, increase strength regardless of your fitness preference, all while encouraging you to discover yourself like never before. For more information, or to join the PB Resolution community, visit pbypr.com.