Recipe: Healthy Summer Smoothie Bowl
I fully admit it. I am one of those Pinterest-touting smoothie bowl fanatics you assume exists online. Where things are a bit different, however, is that my smoothie bowls are always easy, take five minutes of your mornings and are fairly healthy, all things considered. Even better? They don’t really require a lot of measuring or prep-work before hand.
- 1/2 cup (or a handful) of frozen fruit of your choice – I opt for blueberries usually
- One handful of spinach
- 2 spoonfuls of protein powder – I tend to go for pea protein powder
- 1/2 a banana, cut into slices
- 1/2 cup or 3 heaping spoonfuls of Greek (or Icelandic) yogurt
- 1 big scoop of peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of milk – I’m obsessed with oat milk right now
- Optional: small teaspoons of maca powder, spirulina and matcha
- Toppings: Granola, Banana, Kiwi and Chia Seeds
- Add everything into the blender – mix until smooth
- Put on your toppings [Editors note: the more camera ready, the better. Obviously.]
- Eat every morning!
It’s really that easy, I swear. The best part about smoothie recipes like this is you can vary it up depending what you have in your fridge or pantry. Don’t have peanut butter? Use Almond Butter. Don’t have a banana? Substitute with more yogurt. It’s honestly a great way to get some fruit, vegetable, healthy fats, and protein into your morning that goes down fast.
Have you ever tried making your own smoothie bowl? What are your favorite ingredients to use? If you make this, let me know what you think!