Stop Disease Before It Starts: A Gut Health Masterclass
Bad Yogi Fam, how are you! I missed you! It’s been a couple of weeks since you’ve heard from me, but I promise, the wait has been worthwhile.
This episode is unique. And it’s dense– in a good way. In the best way, actually. Today I’m talking with Dr. Will Bulsiewicz, a gastroenterologist and gut health expert. When it comes to gut health, “Dr. B” is my go to source and after this, he’ll be yours too.
His Instagram account @theguthealthmd is filled with tips, research, & even recipes. Everything is science based, it’s free, it’s fun, and dare I say, it’s digestible 😉 But the best part about this guy is that he’s an actual doctor who graduated from Georgetown University’s School of Medicine and he’s not trying to sell you anything– he just does this because he believes in his message, and I thought there was something refreshing about his lack of agenda, ya know?
Now like I said, this episode IS a little different. Consider this a Masterclass in Gut Health rather than a traditional question/answer kind of thing (though I do ask him plenty).
In today’s episode, Dr. B does a deep dive into all aspects of gut health including talking in detail about…
– Celiac disease
– How the health of our gut microbiome impacts our likelihood of dealing with autoimmune diseases
– The problem with medical school and why doctors don’t generally focus on nutritional counseling as part of a treatment plan
– How to shift your perspective around food from guilt focused to health focused
– He waxes poetic about prebiotics and the different fibers you need to be getting, haha! 😉
– He even gives a few dead simple solutions you can try for acid reflux, gas, bloating, constipation, nausea, and other common complaints.
– I also made him tell me how to read your poop & what constitutes a “good” one.
We cover alllll of that and SO MUCH more, so grab something to write with because there’s a ton of information you’ll be able to put to good use from this one.
PS: I have some exciting news! I found this episode SO insanely useful, I decided to invite Dr. B over to Bad Yogi to co-host a FREE 7-day series that we’ve called 7 Days to Better Gut Health.
It’ll be full of practical tips from Dr. B to improve your mood & digestion and know your body better than ever. And his tips will be punctuated with mini yoga classes from me, too! To join, just click the picture below and drop your email in the box. It starts October 1st and it’s completely FREE. You can also click here.