Are you a skilled writer looking for a place to share your one-of-a-kind observations, opinions, recipes, tips, and anything else you can think of? You’ve come to the write place!
We’re currently looking for articles that fit into one of these broad categories (you’re free to talk about any topic you’d like within this framework!):
- Trending Opinions: Whatever’s going on this week, we want to know what you think about it. These pieces are op-ed style and can be about anything from what’s happening on RuPaul’s Drag Race to what’s happening in politics.
- “Evergreen” Articles: These are often list-based posts that talk about things everyone always wants to hear about: parenting, relationships and sex, body positivity, food and recipes, work/career, travel, DIY, yoga, and everything in between. If it’s something you’re interested in, there’s probably a way to write an awesome article about it that other folks will like too!
- Your Story: Did something totally unbelievable happen to you? Did you try something wild? If you want to give us your “It Happened To Me” or “I Tried It” style take, we want to hear it!
- City Guides: If you’re interested in adding to our city guide project, definitely get in touch!
This is a yoga magazine, and you’ll find plenty of yoga classes and discussion about practicing yoga here. But Bad Yogis are more than just their yoga practice. Bad Yogis love yoga, but that’s not all they do or talk about. We love stories and passionate opinions on all topics. Bad Yogi is more than just a name, it’s a community, a group of people who believe that we’re all in this together and we might as well have fun with it.
A few things to keep in mind:
- Tone: Bad Yogi has a reputation for being a bit irreverent and maybe even a bit snarky. A sense of humor, self-awareness, and lightheartedness are key components of all of our best articles. We’ll lightly edit your post to make sure it fits into the magazine, but getting a feel for our tone by reading a few recent articles is a great idea.
- Word count: Articles typically run between 300 and 800 words, and please stay under 800 words. Attention spans can be quite short!
- Original content: Sorry, but we only publish articles that have not been published elsewhere.
- Photos: We love pictures! Submitting your original photos or photos you have permission to use with your article is definitely a plus!
- Promotion: Since we don’t offer monetary compensation for articles, we work hard to make sure our Bad Yogi authors are properly promoted. We’ll ask you for a headshot, bio, and social media links if your article is accepted.
OK! I’m down, dog. Where do I send my pitch?
Please send a one-paragraph pitch to Allison@badyogi.com if you are a new contributor. After you’re an established contributor, we’ll set you up to submit full articles in the future!