Recipe: Summer Chopped Chicken Salad with Cantaloupe, Pistachios, and Feta
This summer, we’ve partnered with Cook Smarts to inspire you in the kitchen as part of our ‘Stronger, Healthier You Series’. This week, we’ve got a delicious summer chopped salad for you. To add a protein, you’re going to want to go back to our Honey Lime Chicken recipe to finish this salad off with a delightful bang. This summery salad is refreshing on a hot day. No cooking required! Fresh cantaloupe might sound like an unusual ingredient to add to a salad, but it provides a cool, slightly sweet note to balance out the other ingredients.
- Honey Lime Grilled Chicken Thighs – 4, chopped
- Prosciutto (opt) – 2 oz, chopped
- Cucumbers – 10 oz, chopped
- Cheese, feta – 5 oz, cubed
- Green onions – 2 stalks, chopped, green and white parts combined
- Cantaloupe – 10 oz, cubed
- Salad greens, any type – 8 oz
- Pistachios, shelled – 1/4 cup
- Garlic – 1 clove, chopped
- Vinegar, red or white wine – 2 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon – 1 Tbsp (use large grain if you have it on hand)
- Honey – 1 Tbsp
- Oil, olive – 5 Tbsp
- Make vinaigrette – Chop garlic. Whisk together garlic, vinegar, mustard, and honey. Add oil while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Chicken / Prosciutto – Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Cucumbers / Feta / Green onions – Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Cantaloupe – Cube cantaloupe.
- If you’d like the chicken warm, reheat in the microwave.
- Assemble salads by forming a bed of salad greens. Top lettuce with prosciutto, chicken, cucumbers, feta, white and green parts of green onions, cantaloupe, and pistachios. Add vinaigrette until dressed to your liking. Enjoy!
Cook Smarts creates weekly meal plans, cooking guides and infographics, and online cooking lessons, all designed to help anyone build a strong cooking foundation. When you purchase PB Resolution, a three-month subscription to Cook Smarts comes with your program purchase, helping you to build strength and flexibility, but also dial in your nutrition for optimal health.
PB Resolution is a fitness program that combines yoga and strength training into a seamless, easy-to-follow 12-week schedule. PB Resolution is designed to provide you with the tools you need to keep your body safe, challenge you no matter where you’re at, increase strength regardless of your fitness preference, all while encouraging you to discover yourself like never before. For more information, or to join the PB Resolution community, visit pbypr.com.
David GonzalesSeptember 12, 2019 at 3:19 am
Wow! Thanks for the recipe. I love it!
lisaFebruary 12, 2021 at 9:00 am
I cook at home very often and always look for new recipes. I actually just got a new Mexican cook book that I can’t wait to start cooking from. Your veggie burritos sound lovely, especially that you’ve packed superfoods such as kale in them as well.pizza box
lisaFebruary 19, 2021 at 7:29 am
So, I am confused. You prepare the Oatmeal according to the directions and use 2 1/2 cups of prepared oatmeal for the recipe? I have never heard of anything like that before. Just want to make sure I do it right! 🙂homemade pizza dough
Ben richardsonAugust 27, 2021 at 3:41 am
Nice blog and useful information
Rehabs in new mexico
AlexSeptember 26, 2021 at 3:39 am
Looks delicious! I would add some dill pickles in there to add some extra crunch 🙂 https://bubbies.com
lisaOctober 9, 2021 at 2:54 pm
This does look good and I’m happy that it’s not a quiche…cause I don’t like eggs in quiche…lol I know, I’m the odd man out on that one! Have a great week, fondly, Roberta.delicious food recipes for dinner
AlexOctober 28, 2021 at 11:22 am
This sounds tasty! I think it would be better with some Cajun seasonings too. I will try it and let you know! https://dedescajuncuisine.com/product/jambalaya/
Guadalupe ParnellDecember 8, 2022 at 6:49 am
Summer is a great time to make salads. Most people have the impression that you need to chop the vegetables very finely to enjoy a creamy, flavorful salad. This recipe does away with the chopping labor entirely. You need to follow this Concrete driveways Auckland and learn more new ways for layers tips. The chicken stays mostly whole and forgoes any need for fancy ingredients like bacon bits.