My Low-Maintenance Daily Skincare Routine
My skincare routine is one of those topics I get asked about often, yet never want to write about because I think it will bore most people TO TEARS! But since it came up a bunch on IG this week, I figured, what better time to bore you than now? 😉
I’m a very low maintenance kinda gal when it comes to skincare. The simpler, the better. If there’s 8 steps involved, I guarantee you I’ll stop doing 6 of them in less than a week. So my “routine” is quick, simple, and it works for me 🙂
My morning routine:
1. I don’t wash my face with soap in the morning, I just use this exact rose water. It’s super affordable, lasts a long time, and is incredibly gentle if you have sensitive skin. It refreshes my skin without that “squeaky clean” tight feeling a lot of soaps can leave behind.
2. Before putting on my makeup, I put on this La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Sunscreen. I think the biggest favor we can do for our skin outside of diet, sleep, and stress management, is sun protection. I am dead serious about wearing sunscreen, so I wear this in addition to my BB Cream or foundation which both have SPF as well.
After these two steps, I let it settle for a few minutes (I usually make my bed & decide what I’m gonna wear), and then apply makeup.
My nighttime routine:
1. I use this Yves Rocher Hydra Vegetal cleanser because it’s gentle and I feel the need to actually WASH my face at the end of the day, especially if I’ve worn makeup. (Fun fact: this is literally 5 euros in France!)
2. I remove leftover makeup (especially eye makeup!) with Bioderma Sensibio Miscellar Water, which I became fanatical about after moving to France. A lot of women here don’t really use soap to cleanse their face, they just use this stuff.
3. Serum! I’m actually in between serums at the moment because I haven’t found one I really LOVE. So once I find a good one that isn’t $300, I’ll let you know! And if you have any good recommendations for one, I’d love to hear it!
4. I never ever go a day without moisturizer! It’s so so important even if you have skin on the more oily side. Trust me! My skin is super sensitive and acne-prone (I’m in this very fun phase of worrying about fine lines but also still worrying about acne! It’s a blast, let me tell ya!) My favorite is the First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Daily Face Cream. It’s super lightweight, will NOT make you break out, and is incredibly affordable.
And there you have it! I told you it was boring, haha! But I’m gonna turn it over to you: what are your favorite products for skincare? Do you have any serums you swear by? Any other products you feel the world needs to know about?! Don’t keep any good secrets from us 😉