I know, I know. Those of you who are any more than one year older than me are gonna be rolling your eyes telling me I’m being a drama queen. And anyone who’s younger than me is probably like, “WHOA, I’d be freaked out, too!” hahaha 😉
So, I turn 28 today and I’m conflicted. I feel really positive and excited about where this year is going, but there’s a little nagging voice in my head that’s getting on my nerves… I feel like there’s so much that I wanted to accomplish by now that I haven’t! Honestly, not necessarily even things that I actively WANT that I don’t have, just things I THOUGHT I’d have… does that make any sense?! For example: I always thought that 28-year-olds were supposed have babies. I know people who have three and FOUR babies and I don’t even have one. I don’t event WANT one though! It’s more the fear of getting another 5 years down the road and thinking about what else I might not have that I think I’ll have by then.
Does this make sense? Am I just insane?! Actually– don’t answer that 😉
It’s not that I’m ungrateful for what I do have either. I feel BEYOND fortunate to have been given the life that I have, so it has nothing to do with gratitude. It’s just that feeling of the time flying and getting freaked out by the concept that I’m almost 30!
DRAMA ALERT. I know.
I wanted to have a Bad Yogi Birthday Party with all of you and thought, “I should have Bad Yogi Goodie Bags!” Since I can’t see all of you in person and eat candy and ice cream and cake and PIZZA, I thought the next best thing would be a digital Goodie Bag, so here we are 😉
COUPON CODE for $8 off your purchase in the Bad Yogi Store! What kind of BY Birthday would it be without some gear?!
Enter this code at checkout: “Cake”
This is what I’m eating. 20-Minute Ramen without all the nasty chemicals 😉
– 3 oz Udon Noodles
– 2 cups chicken broth (or veggie broth)
– 1 tbsp miso paste
– 1/2 cup fresh spinach
– 1/4 cup shredded carrot
– 1 tsp grated ginger (Dried works too, but use 1/4 tsp)
– 1 small clove garlic, diced
– 1 tsp sesame oil (adds great flavor, but any oil works)
– 1 soft boiled egg
– handful of seaweed (optional)
1) Cook udon noodles according to package directions. Set aside.
2) Heat sesame oil in pan. Add garlic and ginger, sautee until fragrant.
3) Add broth, miso paste, and carrot, and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to low.
4) Add spinach and seaweed if using, and let wilt (approx. 3-4 mins).
5) Add noodles and stir so everything is combined.
6) Top with sliced soft boiled egg and eat!
FREE class! An oldie but goodie. It’s the perfect sequence when you need an energy boost and to feel like you’re strong 🙂