Honest Thinx Review
I saw Thinx ads all over social media for MONTHS before I decided to buy a pair and try them out. I actually contacted them first to see if they’d be interested in doing some kind of sponsorship or something and they politely declined, but STILL, I couldn’t shake my curiosity! I had to try them out, so I bought them with my own money instead.
And two months later, I bought two more pairs because they were THAT impressive. So despite the fact that they wouldn’t work with us to get you a coupon code, I still highly recommend them 😉
What are they?
Thinx claims, “our period-proof undies hold up to 2 tampons’ worth — yet they look and feel like regular underwear.” Those are some big claims! And at first, I was totally freaked out at the whole idea, but the more I saw them, the more curious I got .
– A bit pricey
– The panty lines are real with the athletic cut (as in I could see the line through jeans, but that only matters if this sort of thing bothers you).
– Insanely comfortable.
– They WORK.
– They wash well and NO, they don’t stain your other clothes in the wash cycle.
– You can’t see the thong through yoga leggings.
– True to size.
– They actually look nice! No granny panty status over here! They don’t look the least bit medical or special at all. They look like a basic black panty which I love!
– I haven’t had babies yet, but I can image these would be so comfortable and easy to wear after you give birth. Maybe as an alternative to those ugly medical underwear they give you once you go home?!
– Eco friendly. They’re washable so you can wear them over and over. A nice alternative to a diva cup, or just a nice way to cut back on tampons and pads?! I think so!
– These would be SO amazing for teachers or nurses or any professionals that have a rigid schedule or can only take limited breaks.
I still wear tampons but the briefs are fantastic for overnight or when you’re going to be out for a while and aren’t sure when you might be able to get to a bathroom. In other words: they’re great for giving you peace of mind about potential leaks. The thong holds 1/2 a tampon’s worth and works PERFECTLY for yoga.
Other stuff you might want to know:
– My hips measure 36.5″ and a small fits me perfectly
– I still wear a tampon except for light days just because I feel more secure that way. I wear them overnight & on heavy flow days because it gives me peace of mind, and I’ve never had a problem or any leaks. That’s more than I can say about tampons! Really impressive.
– They also have a pair that holds 2 tampons worth but I didn’t get that one to try. I can imagine it working just as well as these though.
So that’s it! I just wanted to give you an honest review of these since I’ve seen them EVERYWHERE and I knew I couldn’t be the only one who was curious about them.
Over to you! Have you tried these? Would you ever try them?