The 2020 Bad Yogi Holiday Gift Guide
The holiday season is upon us, and if you’re anything like me, despite feeling overwhelmed by ads for just about anything and everything, you still find yourself scratching your head when it comes to gift ideas for your friends and loved ones.
Have no fear, Bad Yogi is here, and we’ve done a lot of the legwork for you with some pretty amazing options across all price points, below. Perhaps the best part of this list? No item costs more than $200, but we’ve broken things down with a handy little pricing guide, below. Happy shopping!
$$$$$ Under $200 but worth it
Stay Home, Stay Cozy
Tommy John Loungewear
$$$- Prices vary.
Giving 3 F’s about comfort since 2008. Inspired by Fabric, Fit & Function. With loads of options available for purchase and shipping, there is something for everyone and their products are high-quality and SO cozy.
Blanquil Lite Designer Blanket
This ridiculously cozy creation is a must-have to add elegance and warmth to any area of the home. The chunky yarn knitted blanket is a plush oversize throw that can be used as a statement piece or as a functional snugly piece for a chair, love seat, couch, and even bed.
Movie Night Kit
$$- $37.99 but endless opportunity to turn this into a DIY
When was the last time you watched a movie in a theater? Bring the nostalgia into your living room with a Movie Night Kit. The one above is a holiday themed movie kit you can purchase from Etsy, but this is definitely an opportunity for you to put on your creativity cap and do a little DIY.
A Gift for Everyone Who Isn’t Everyone
Silver in the City prides themself on being ‘a gift store for everyone who isn’t everyone’ and their gifts sure do deliver on that promise. Based in Indianapolis, IN, but available to order and ship through their website, they quite literally have something genius for just about anyone on your gift list.
A few of the items that caught my eye:
- Paint by Sticker Books– featuring options like ‘Music Icons,’ ‘Dogs,’ ‘Cats,’ and ‘Birds,’ Paint by Sticker is the most exciting new idea in activity books, both for grown-ups and kids. $– $14.95
- The Big Anxiety Book for Anxious People– Feeling anxious? Who isn’t! Your most irrational (and sometimes rational) fears are hilarious fodder for this sharp and relatable activity book. $– $16.00
- Animal Planters– Add some greenery to your desktop or home with our new animal planter collection! Perfect for succulents, cacti plants and air plants! Available in 4 animal designs: Cosmo the Black Cat Planter, Suki the Seal Pup Planter, Pepper the Pigeon Planter and Daisy the Adorable Wiener Dog Planter. $– $12.50
- The Golden Girls Jigsaw Puzzle– Your jigsaw night is set to change forever when you crack open this intricately illustrated unofficial 500- piece jigsaw puzzle all about the iconic The Golden Girls. $– $14.95
- Let That Shit Go mug– Silver in the City has a wide variety of cute and snarky mugs, but this seems like an appropriate one to highlight for you. $– $16.95
Squirrel Picnic Table Feeder
A picnic table for your favorite wooded creature. Need I say more? I don’t know about you, but my squirrel watching has skyrocketed this year because, well, what else is there to do? But also, could you even handle seeing a squirrel having a snack at its very own picnic table in your yard?
Flowers + Plants That You Can’t Kill
$-$$$ depending on items purchased
There’s just something that plants and floral that add an extra touch to a house, and what is better when you can’t accidentally kill them? Afloral offers beautiful silk flowers, fake plants, pots and more to create gorgeous pieces for the person who might have everything, but loves something pretty. Create custom arrangements with individually picklable items.
Soaps & More
Hemlock Supply Co.- Soaps & Other Provisions
$– $6-7 per bar of soap. Other items in the shop vary in price.
Based in Pittsburgh, PA, Hemlock Supply Co. started out as a soap hobby, and grew into a thriving small business offering even more. Soap and such provisions are a necessary part of life. Why not use ones that are made with thought, hand picked ingredients, and care about its impact on nature and what’s around us? Hemlock Supply Co. uses ingredients that are natural, can be foraged near our home, or have a neutral environmental impact.
Willow Hill Soap Co.- Shower Mist
$- $22. Other items in the shop vary by price.
I don’t know about you, but in 2020, if it has anything to do about self care, I’m there. Willow Hill Soap Co. is a family-owned and operated company based in North Carolina. Their product line ranges from candles, to bath, shower, body and more. Their shower sprays SCREAM #selfcare as an essential oil-infused, multi-purpose mist. Their mists utilize the AMAZING benefits of essential oils to turn your shower into a spa steam room. Spritz mist directly into steam of warm shower to receive the benefits of these peaceful essential oils. Can also be used on linens or as a room spray.
Good Common Sense- Skin Care Products
$-$$ depending on product purchased. Gift sets are slightly more expensive and vary in price.
Good Common Sense offers organic skin care products. Handcrafted Soap, Lotions, Bath bombs, Facial Care, Gifts and more! Good Common Sense has a storefront in Pleasanton, CA, but orders can be placed online for an assortment of natural bath and body products.
For Those Over 30 with a Favorite Spatula
Ironwood Gourmet Petaluma Cocktail Plates
$$- $46.95 for a set of 4 cocktail plates
- Set of 4 Ironwood Gourmet cocktail plates are functional and beautiful due to their rich, shimmering colors; Serve the great pairing of two culinary pleasures, wine and cheese, easy and in style
- Conveniently designed to nest a wine glass and hold hors d’oeuvres, perfect for cocktail parties; Great for olives, cheese, crackers, dried fruits or whatever food you decide to pair with your glass of wine
- Handcrafted from sustainably harvested acacia wood, known for its unique and natural contrasting patterns and antibacterial properties;
The Good Fill- Zero Waste Refillable Products
$– Price varies by product, but a 16oz Shampoo with bottle & pump is just over $20, with refills costing $16.16 (available in 8oz as well)
This one is pretty cool if you’re trying to reduce your waste. Items are available for purchase in a bottle, but if you’re just seeking a refill, The Good Fill will ship you a refill that can be returned and reused over and over again.
The Good Fill exists to offer more sustainable alternatives to items we all use or dispose of on a regular basis. The basics – no more, no less. We all need to eat, use a toothbrush, and we all need to clean our bodies, homes, and bathrooms but we don’t need a million products to do so and we don’t need toxic plastic ones either!
Veggie & Fruit Travel Cup
When you’re packing your fruit and vegetables to go (especially delicate berries), take advantage of this brilliant packing system and never let your produce go wilty again. The clever double-layer cup lets you rinse fruit in the mini colander and pop it right into the cup, where it can drain while you run out. It also comes with a small fork that fits right inside, so you can snack on the go.
Rubbermaid FreshWorks Food Storage Container
$- The 2.5 cup option runs just $10.69 with other options available, as well.
- Save money, food, and trips to the grocery store, by keeping produce fresher longer with FreshWorks
- FreshWorks works best before you wash produce, so you can store now and prep later
- CrispTray helps keep moisture away from produce to reduce spoilage
- Dishwasher Safe, BPA free
Ello Products- Reusable Food & Beverage Containers
$ for single items and only $$ for mult-item options like Tupperware sets.
Safe. Clean. Green. Ello offers reusable food and beverage containers that are not only cleverly designed, but CUTE, too. I mean, we deserve cute things, right?
For the Food Lover (Like Me!)
Chocolates & Such
The following are just a few of the available offerings for delicious delicious chocolate (and one cookie company we can’t leave out), but you can’t go wrong in gifting chocolate during the holiday season. Some of our favorite lesser known companies include:
- Wilbur Chocolates: A Lilitz, PA based chocolate company with loads of chocolate offerings and a focus on “buds”. I’d tell you more, but my I may ruin my keyboard by drooling on it. Price: $-$$ depending on product, but most products are very reasonably priced!
- Peace by Chocolate: A Canadian-based chocolate company that delivers to the US, as well! Check out their Mood Booster Box for 50 CAD featuring 11 of their delicious products.
- Eating Evolved Chocolate: Organic, high-quality chocolate you’ll feel good about, without any of the dairy, soy or cane sugar to drag you down. For the PSL lovers out there, I couldn’t help but notice they have Pumpkin Spice Cups in their roster for under $10.
- Brown Butter Cookie Co: Need we say more? With one dozen shippable cookies for just $15, and two dozen for $30, send a sweet treat to the ones you love the most this holiday season.
Alaska Salt Company
$-$$ depending on whether you purchase a single salt, or a variety pack.
Handmade Flake Sea Salt straight from the pristine water of Southeast Alaska. All of their salts are made in in Sitka, Alaska using only water from Sitka Sound with no additives or added chemicals.
$$- $27 for a 7pc Gourmet Sea Salt Sampler
Tried and True. Highly recommend the 7 piece sampler, which allows you to pick from nearly 30 amazing flavor options.
Two English Ladies- Taste Britain with Every Bite
$-$$ but their gift packages are under $30!
Taste Britain with Every Bite: Products all made from original British recipes made in the USA with no alternative ingredients or artificial additives and no artificial coloring or preservatives. They are made fresh weekly with only the purest ingredients.
Gifts That Keep on Giving
Bad Yogi Studio Subscription
$- for a monthly subscription or $$$- for an annual subscription
It would be remiss of me to not mention that Bad Yogi Studio is another subscription option that makes for great gift giving. For just $9.99/ month, or $95.88 for an annual subscription, the yogi in your life would LOVE this gift.
Bad Yogi Studio offers:
- More than 250 unique yoga classes- from meditations to power yoga, and everything in between
- Over 160 hours of content
- New classes added every Wednesday
- An App for iPhone and Android users to take the studio with you wherever you go
- There’s even an app on AppleTV for easy streaming
Hunt a Killer Kit
$$-$$$$$ depending on whether you purchase a subscription or bundle.
The PERFECT gift for the true crime podcast obsessed person in your life. Sort through evidence, decode ciphers, piece together clues, and solve the crime. It’s like an escape room delivered to your door every month.
Sign up for a subscription service for just $30/ month, and Hunt a Killer will send you one episode each month for six months, to complete the mystery. Or buy an entire bundle at once for a bit more money, but receive all the episodes in one big bundle.
$$$– $100 for six bottles of wine
Give the unique gift of wine that your friends and family are sure to love! It’s easy – send a certificate today with your own tailored message and Bright Cellars will ship their personalized matches directly. No muss, no fuss. Bright Cellars offers a monthly subscription that matches your wine delivery with your flavor profile based on your review of wines they send.
Another popular wine delivery option: Winc ($60 for 4 bottles of wine)
- Receive personalized recommendations each month, based on your ratings and your Palate Profile Quiz.
- Credits will be added to your account each month – order wine at a pace that works for you.
- Skip any month and you won’t be charged for credits.
Butcherbox Meat Delivery
$$$$- $129-$149 for a curated or custom box of meats
I’m not going to lie, this one won me over with the notice on their homepage shouting “FREE BACON FOR LIFE”. Choose from 4 curated boxes or create your own custom box. Select a delivery frequency that meets your needs or make it a one-time thing and cancel at any time.
When you join Butcherbox, you’re joining a community focused on caring about animals and our planet, improving livelihoods for farmers, and sharing better meals together. Meats are always humanely raised. No antibiotics ever.
The Crafters Box
$$- $65/ month for a monthly subscription or ~$75 for a standalone workshop.
Available as a subscription, or purchase full workshops a la carte. When you join a membership, you’ll learn a new crafting technique each month with an artisan-led video tutorial & a shipped kit of curated tools & materials. Full workshops average $75/ workshop are artisan-elf digital workshops with a curated kit of tools & materials to make something beautiful.
Another option? Try www.letsmakeart.com which also offers kits and subscriptions.
Other Subscription Service Options
These days, you can get pretty much anything delivered to you as a subscription, including meal kits, coffee, books, streaming services and more. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Meal Delivery:
- Blue Apron
- Home Chef
- Green Chef
- Coffee Delivery:
- NPR Coffee Club
- Bean Box
- Atlas Coffee Club
- Book Subscription:
- Tailored Book Recommendation (TBR)
- Streaming Services:
A Worthy Splurge
Ember Temperature Control Smart Mug
I seriously never knew that I needed a $100 coffee mug, but here we are. The Ember mug allows you to control the temperature of the liquid inside your cup from your smart phone! You can keep your drink perfectly hot for up to 1.5 hours, or set the mug on the (included) charging coaster for all-day temperature control.
$$$$–$$$$$- Women’s shoes range from $110-150+, but now through December 9, take 25% off with the code HEYBADYOGI
Take comfort wherever you go with 6mm of yoga mat that is designed to ease stress. These shoes are incredibly well-built as well as INSANELY comfy.
Bobobark Convertible Backpack Purse
Timeless fashion from LaFlore Paris- the bobobark is a versatile, convertible backpack purse that embodies the Parisian chic heritage while being comfortable, practical and organized. Très chic! A briefcase, a tote bag, and a backpack, all in one, made with eco-friendly cork leather. Cork leather is 100% sustainable, vegan, and cruelty-free, so you can feel good about purchasing something good for you and the environment.
Over to you! Have you come across anything cool or unique as a gift idea this year? Is there anything on your Christmas wish list you’re really hoping Santa brings? Let me know what’s on your wish list in the comments below!