Bad Yogi Yoga Fails: Nailed It.
This comic came about after a particularly difficult practice. I felt dumb and incapable, and I was doing it in my own house with nobody watching! If there wasn’t a Bad Yogi philosophy, I may very well have easily given up a long time ago.
Following The Bad Yogi Creed:
- Bad Yogis don’t do yoga to be a part of the cool crowd.
- Bad Yogis don’t need to be able to do difficult poses perfectly or have their own Instagram hashtag.
- Bad Yogis understand that yoga is about feeling good, not just looking good.
- Bad Yogis are real people, not impossibly fit, flexible, and flashy representations of yogi stereotypes.
- Bad Yogis aren’t in it for the image or for the status, but because it’s theirs.
- Bad Yogis don’t let any predetermined doctrine define their practice, and they don’t adopt some rigid set of “rules” just for the sake of having some.
- Bad Yogis define their own practice.
- Bad Yogis aren’t conceited and self-righteous about “their” style.
- Bad Yogis are inclusive and everyone is welcome, whether they are fat or thin or new or seasoned. It doesn’t matter if they see yoga the same way you do, but they’re welcome any way.
Over to you: Any of you ever been in this situation?! Please share!