Bad Yogi Approved Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte
Ever since I moved to France, I have such an affinity for American things! Even things I never wanted or liked when I lived there I find myself craving and liking when I have them here. Take, for instance, a Pumpkin Spice Latte…
There’s just something about it that makes me nostalgic now. What’s funny is that in America, these drinks are expensive, right? We’re talking at least $6 for a small one. Here, because the prices are in euros, a small one of these babies will run you the equivalent of about $8! Absolutely INSANE.
So, I decided to try making one myself.
Turns out, it worked and it was delicious! Honestly, even better than Starbucks.
– 1 generous shot of espresso
– 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
– 1/4 tsp organic Pumpkin Pie Spice
– 1/4 tsp organic powdered sugar
1) In your coffee cup, mix the powdered sugar and pumpkin pie spice until combined.
2) In this same cup, brew your espresso and mix vigorously until there are no lumps and it looks dissolved.
3) To froth your milk without an espresso machine or hand-held frother, simply heat your milk in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring regularly. After a few minutes it’ll start to thicken. Then, either pour the frothed milk or heated milk into the espresso and spice mixture and stir until combined.
4) Drink right away! You can even top it with whipped cream and extra cinnamon if you’re feelin’ like living dangerously 😉
Over to you! Do you have any embarrassing food confessions you want to share?! Are you a PSL lover or definitely not?