Dear Bad Yogis, I have a confession. I love ranch dressing. I really don’t like salad with any other dressing! It’s a problem, I know. I blame my mother for ever introducing me in the first place. Just kidding, it’s given me years of delicious salad love. Thanks Mom!
I recently embarked on a healthy lifestyle journey, like I know many of you have. I’m trying to eat as clean as possible, making as much as I can on my own, using fresh produce the earth gave me. I know some of you can relate and have come up with fantastic recipes of your own! That means the ranch had to go. Fortunately, I recently came across a strawberry salad dressing recipe that has renewed my love of healthy salads and clean eating.
Bad Yogis, I have a second confession. I’m obsessed with cheese. I found this salad that has spinach, strawberries, almonds, and GOAT CHEESE. Yes. This is the salad for me! To top it off, I use my homemade strawberry salad dressing. Buh-bye, ranch!
Summer Strawberry Salad
- Sliced strawberries
- Sliced almonds
- Crumbled goat cheese
Look how BEAUTIFUL this looks! Only 4 ingredients!
And if you’re feeling a little on the adventurous side, give the dressing a whirl!
Strawberry Salad Dressing
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons (40 ml) rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh Italian (flat leaf) parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound (454 g) fresh strawberries, stemmed
- Chia seeds or flax (optional)
- Put all ingredients together and blend until smooth. Really difficult, I know.
But naturally, I have an issue following directions so I made some adjustments of my own:
- Instead of fresh herbs I used dried Italian seasoning and it was okay
- One middle-sized mason jar (pint?) lasts about 4 or 5 salads
- Molds quickly after thawed, about a week
- I used a whole lemon since I don’t know what 2 tablespoons is
Hope this inspires you as well! Since it’s officially strawberry season, I’m excited to make my summer salad for the next few months! I froze the extras in mason jars as it makes a large batch.
What are your favorite salad dressings? Have you been brave enough to try making your own? Share with me your favorites!
Find other Bad Yogi Chef recipes here!